Our intention is to support new artists, committed amateurs, anyone who wants to perform in front of an audience and has not had the opportunity to do so.
Specs- The main stage area is approximately 40m2 [Length * Width * Height = 12 * 3.5 * 2.7].
- There is no physical stage, but a free area which can function as a stage, directly under a 2.5m2 rectangular opening connecting the ground floor and the first floor.
- We have no PA system or WiFi, and this is why. There is a laptop with portable speakers and a cassette player which can both be used to play music and sound effects.
- We have a pair of PAR lights above the main stage, with several colour filters to choose from. We also have LED lights behind all walls of the Space and the ceiling.
- There are two three-seat sofas, a piano and several stools in the main stage. There's also an assortment of musical instruments which can be used, including an acoustic guitar, a trombone, a trumpet, a harmonica, a duduk and a melodica.
- There is an additional 20m2 area for the audience upstairs, which has clear visibility of the performance space.
- The total capacity of the Greenbridge Space is 50 people.
- The Space is free to use. All performances @ Greenbridge are held on a donation basis, and all contributions from the audience are given to the performer(s) as a minimum token of appreciation for their effort.
- All out of town performers are very welcome to stay over @ Greenbridge. We can host up to three visitors in our comfy sofas and mattresses in the upstairs lounge and the ground floor area. We provide bedding, blankets & towels.
We are particularly interested in hosting performances from:- vagabond musicians, theatrical troupes, performance artists, poets, illusionists, clowns, stand up comedians, mimes, puppeteers, ventriloquists, magicians, spoken word artists, dancers, preachers or other associated lifeforms.
- Linux geeks, ex-priests, Open Source supporters, anonymity & privacy zealots, obscure operating system afficionados, culture jammers, arduino enthusiasts, ham radio hobbyists, control evaders, cryptographers, blockchain engineers, digital rights warriors, seekers, cryptanalysts, OpenBSD evangelists, digital media artists, explorers of esoteric languages, context hackers, network architects, trolls, or hard science fiction writers.
- Vegans, Vegetarians & Animal welfare Activists.
- Effective Altruists.
That's all folks! If you'd like to play @ Greenbridge shoot us an e-mail or ping us @ facebook.